Sunday, June 14, 2009

Preparation

So, we went to REI today to get the last of the stuff we will need for our road trip. So much stuff you can buy that you probably won't need and definitely DON'T need, but they just rope you in. Like the 4-in-1 whistle/compass/thermometer/LED light. (OMG, I hope I didn't just jinx us into getting lost and needing to be rescued!) We did end up walking out with a compression sack for my sleeping bag, 4 pairs of socks, 2 shirts, a whistle/compass, and no-rinse towlettes. Tomorrow, we will buy all the things we need for a first aid kit, and then that's IT! I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I, Sonia, will be hiking and camping in the desert. I know my dad is worried that we'll get eaten alive by scorpions or crazy mountain men. And frankly, so am I! But, hey, you only live once and you gotta expand the boundaries, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment